This Woman Spent One Night In Canada – And Woke Up To This Awful Reality!

We all know that frostbite is the reason why you wear gloves outdoors and try to avoid the cold like the plague. Your mom could have warned you about this many times. If you don’t want to experience the horrific nature of frostbite, you definitely need to bundle up, and bundle up good.

This Australian girl apparently didn’t hear her mother’s wisdom. During her recent trip to Canada, she got a bit too drunk, passed out outside, and woke up with some pretty extreme frostbite. (Un)fortunately, she documented her entire experience with these photos.

Emma Quirk was out at a bar in Canada when she stepped outside for a cigarette. Her friends say that the last time they saw her was a 2:30 in the morning.

desktop-1426778475

She said she had no phone, money, and no idea where she was when she started wandering around while she was blackout drunk.

desktop-1426778474

She was found around 5:30 in the morning outside of a nursing home passed out in the -30°C weather.

desktop-1426778477

She was found around 5:30 in the morning outside of a nursing home passed out in the -30°C weather.

desktop-1426778481

Frostbite is localized damage to the skin from freezing conditions. It is caused when the blood flow constricts and moves away from exposed areas in an effort to preserve core body temperature.

desktop-1426778483

Quirk’s damage was between 3rd and 4th degree frostbite.

desktop-1426778479

Quirk’s fingers swelled into massive puss-filled orange blisters, which were eventually deflated by the specialist, leading to instant relief. Since visiting the specialist, she notes that the scarring is barely visible and considers herself lucky to be able to keep all of her fingers.

desktop-1426778472

Comments

comments