World Heritage Sites To Visit In India –
In India, many such tombs, temples, parks and historic sites, which are included in the World Heritage. Which makes it hot spot for foreign tourist. We will show you some important places in India which is included in the list. These places are also visited by students, general tourists, Researchers and Scholars for religious reasons. The number of tourists who visits here every year reaches millions.
1. Taj Mahal –
India’s rarest treasures, The Taj Mahal. People from around the world come to see its beauty. Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife “Mumtaz” has built the white marble tomb, which is included in the Seven Wonders of the World. Stone carving work closely imposes its beauty bloom. Agra is world famous for the Taj Mahal.
The salient features of the Taj Mahal –
- Taj Mahal heights 171 meters (561 feet).
- Taj Mahal was build by 22,000 workers, painters, and architects.
- It is said that mughal emperor shah jahan also wanted to build a black taj mahal in front of the original one. But the dispute between the him and his son was the reason it was not possible for him to build it .
- Taj Mahal can be seen in three different colors in one day. Light pink in Mornign, White in Eveniing, and Golden in presence of Moon light. Concerned that the changing colors of the taj shows changing moods of the queens.
- It took 17 years to build Taj Mahal.
- Taj Mahal from all four side looks like as if you are seeing the same side again and again.
- The Taj Mahal is surrounded by beautiful gardens, mosques.
- Approximately 1,000 elephants were involved during construction of taj mahal to carry marbles and other things.
- In year 1983 it was included in the World Heritage Site.
2. Kaziranga National Park, Assam –
It was made in year 1905 as requested by Wife of the British viceroy Lord Curzon. Kaziranga National Park in Assam, is a very large Wildlife Sanctuary. It is especially known for hippopotamus. And also for tiger, elephant, deer, buffalo, bears and many types of birds.
The salient features of Kaziranga National Park –
- The National Park is very close to the river Brahmaputra in Assam.
- Mikir’s mountain views can be seen easily from the National Park.
- Approximately 100 species of birds can be seen in the National Park.
- As well as Python, Cobra and King Cobra is the same own thrill of seeing.
- Kaziranga National was included in World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1985.
3. Mahabodhi Temple, Bihar –
Bodh Gaya in Bihar is famous for the temple Buddha received enlightenment under the banyan tree. Now from here beginning of education of Buddhist monks starts. The temple has been built under Dravidian architecture. The temple has a height of 180 feet.
The salient features of the Mahabodhi Temple –
- This oldest Buddhist temple was built in just stones, but it still looks strong and beautiful.
- Spread over 45 square meters, the shape of the temple is the pyramidal.
- The temple was included in World Heritage site by UNESCO in year 2002.
4. Fatehpur Sikri, Agra –
Located only 39 km from Agra, beauty of Fatehpur Sikri can only be seen after visiting here. Fatehpur Sikri built by Akbar in 1569, is known as the capital of Mughals during the period of 1571 to 1585. Fatehpur Sikri was built with red stones is a unique example of Hindu and Islamic architecture. Fatehabad, which was later changed to the name of this place ‘Fatehpur Sikri’.
The salient features of Fatehpur Sikri –
- Fatehpur Sikri had taken 15 years to be build.
- To explore this place there are places like the Buland Darwaza, Panch Mahal, Diwan-e-Aam, Diwan-e-Khas, Tomb of Sheikh Salim Chisti and Birbal Bhawan.
- Fatehpur Sikri is the place where Akbar’s Navratna(9 gems) lived.
- For nearly 14 years it was the capital of Akbar, but in 1585 it was changed due to lack of water.
- In 1986, it was a place in the World Herited site.
5. Elephanta Caves, Maharashtra –
Everyone is stunned to see the Elephanta Caves Which were carved out of the mountains of Maharashtra. These caves Highlights many Hindu gods mainly Shiv-Parvati crafted on the walls.There are three forms of Lord Shiva statues. It is also known by the name of Garapuri, which is located at a short distance from the Gateway of India.
Salient features of Elephanta Caves –
- The size of the cave resembles elephants. That is the reason Portuguese named it Elephanta.
- The stones around the cave was closely attracts huge carving.
- Five other caves are located in the west.
- Cannon Hill is also included in the places to visit here.
- Elephanta caves were included in the list of World Heritage Sites in 1987.